|Today, the GuitarMX Blog turns 1 year old. Thatâ€™s right; the first post was one year ago today. To be honest, it doesnâ€™t seem like that long ago. Time really does fly when youâ€™re having fun.
To honor this blogs first birthday, letâ€™s take a look at the song “Happy Birthday”, and how itâ€™s played on the guitar.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, â€œHappy Birthdayâ€ is the most popular song in the English language.
- The song was created in the mid-1800â€™s by sisters Patty and Mildred J. Hill, who played the tune to their kindergarten class in Kentucky. The original title was â€œGood Morning to Allâ€, but the title and lyrics changed when they began playing it at birthday parties.
- Sooner or later, someone is going to ask you to play Happy Birthday on your guitar. Hereâ€™s an easy lesson on how to play the song.
- If you have problems keeping the rhythm of the song, try this version, which is the easiest way to play it.
- If you need further help, you can try playing it this way.
- Hereâ€™s another version, with tabs found here.
- Hereâ€™s an advanced arrangement that sounds great.
- A heavy metal Happy Birthday.
Here’s to another year!