|Today, the GuitarMX Blog turns 1 year old. That’s right; the first post was one year ago today. To be honest, it doesn’t seem like that long ago. Time really does fly when you’re having fun.
To honor this blogs first birthday, let’s take a look at the song “Happy Birthday”, and how it’s played on the guitar.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, “Happy Birthday” is the most popular song in the English language.
- The song was created in the mid-1800’s by sisters Patty and Mildred J. Hill, who played the tune to their kindergarten class in Kentucky. The original title was “Good Morning to All”, but the title and lyrics changed when they began playing it at birthday parties.
- Sooner or later, someone is going to ask you to play Happy Birthday on your guitar. Here’s an easy lesson on how to play the song.
- If you have problems keeping the rhythm of the song, try this version, which is the easiest way to play it.
- If you need further help, you can try playing it this way.
- Here’s another version, with tabs found here.
- Here’s an advanced arrangement that sounds great.
- A heavy metal Happy Birthday.
Here’s to another year!